Duties and Responsibilities
Clark College is committed to hiring and retaining faculty who possess and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, dedication, and passion to educate and advise students. As facilitators in the learning process, the faculty must be cognizant of the College’s instructional goals. While appreciating and valuing the diversity of students of Clark College, the faculty must uphold academic standards, be engaged in professional development and assist in the promotion of excellence at the College.
In order to achieve this, faculty members at Clark College:
- Keep current in the discipline. Renew skills and maintain currency by involvement in professional development activities;
- Teach assigned classes/labs incorporating documented course and program level outcomes;
- Provide appropriate means to assess student progress and provide timely feedback;
- Demonstrate respect for others;
- Demonstrate ability to work with others to achieve educational goals;
- Attend required meetings and activities and serve college committees;
- Use appropriate teaching methods that will respond to varying student learning styles;
- Advise students, as required, accurately and appropriately;
- Effectively use computer applications for instruction and communication where appropriate;
- Stay abreast of current instructional technology;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the mission of the College, its student populations, and educational goals
- Engage in on-going curriculum review and development.
- In accordance with Instructional Planning Team-defined process, participate in program review and outcomes assessment activities that impact student success.
In addition to the above duties, faculty in certain areas may also be expected to do the following:
- Promote the instructional program;
- Work with the College Recruiter in actively recruiting students;
- Attend advisory committee meetings;
- Maintain inventory, repair, and order equipment and lab supplies;
- Coordinate internships and cooperative experiences;
- Develop articulation agreements with K-12 and higher education institutions;
- Maintain vocational and/or professional certification, and obtain relevant industry certifications as needed;
- Maintain program accreditation;
- Establish industry contacts.
Please also see the current CC/AHE Agreement for job descriptions for Librarians and Counselors.